DAILY INBOUND POST
Many type of documents can be handled and processed on a daily basis. Some examples:
- Incoming post: paper, email and faxes
- Incoming invoices
- Insurance claims
- Medical files
- Patient files
- Daily post returns
- SEPA documents
- Marketing surveys
1. RECEPTION OF THE DOCUMENTS
CONDITIONNING OF THE DOCUMENTS
The documents will be delivered on daily basis at Input For You by Bpost or a courier service. Alternatively they can be collected by Input For You at a post office box.
The incoming documents will be sorted and registered.
2. PREPARATION PRIOR TO SCANNING
Documents are removed from their folder, staples and clips are removed, the papers smaller than A6 (post-it, tickets..) are tapped. If larger than A3, the sheets are cut.
A team of 30 people are ready to prepare the documents.
We use BANCTEC high speed scanners and Kodak I620 scanners (for very old or wet documents). Calibrating and parametring the scanners .
Each scanner is calibrated every day for optimum image quality All scanners are interchangeable and covered by maintenance contract with less than 4 hours response time.
Productivity per BANCTEC scanner exceeds 30 000 sheets per day per shift. IFY operates 4 BANCTEC scanners in two shifts per day.
Productivity of the KODAK I620 scanners reaches 15 000 sheets per day per shift. IFY owns 6 KODAK I620 scanners.
ALL DOCUMENTS are scanned in ‘dual stream’. i.e. the scanner produces 2 files per page or 4 images per sheet
- Bitonal version (black & white), 200/240/300 dpi – format TIFF monopage compression G4 (recto/verso)
- Color Version or Gray Scale 24bits, 200/240/300 dpi– format JPEG or TIFF monopage compressed (recto/verso)
4. IDENTIFICATION OF THE FOLDERS (INDEXATION)
After scanning, the folders are registered in our proprietary DOCFLOW® system.
They are then identified according to the file number, the type of file, the date and a number of pre-defined keywords given by the customer.
The identification will happen in line with the database received from the customer:
Furthermore, the operator will check the first and last page of each folder in order to detect and correct problems such as mixed folders
Finally, DOCFLOW® will compare the Picking List with the Identified folders to ensure that all folders picked have been identified.
5. DATA CAPTURE
Specific content can be captured from the electronic documents. Input For You uses a combination of OCR (Optical Character) and HCR (Human Character recognition) techniques to guarantee 99.75% data accuracy (even for handwritten documents).
To obtain 99.75% data accuracy, content is captured in dual stream and compared by our DocFlow software. If DocFlow detects differences between the two entries then a third data entry check will be performed.
Typical examples of captured data are: names, addresses, VAT or bank account numbers, birth dates, amounts, tailored descriptions,….
6. CLEAN-UP (OPTION)
The objective is to create a NET VERSION of the electronic documents with an optimum weight (full clean up) and easy to integrate in your DMS.
- Light Clean Up (gray scale scanning)
- Pages are rotated for readability (portrait/landscape)
- Removal of blank pages after visual control !!!!
- Full clean up (Dual stream B&W and Grayscale/color scanning)
- Selection between B&W, Gray Scale/Color versions.
- B&W is selected by default because of it light weight but if not readable enough, the grayscale/color version is selected.
- This is particularly important for hand filled forms or letters.
It must be stressed that every single image is physically controlled during this process.
7. QUALITY CONTROL
Statistical quality control is performed according to ISO 2859.
IFY guarantees 99,99.% quality on identification and 99,9% on scanning and preparation.
8. DELIVERY OF THE E-DATA
The e-data will be delivered daily via secured FTP protocol.
- Active data are delivered within working 8 hours from picking
- Passive data scanned on request are delivered within 24 hours
All data are scanned for virus prior to being set on the FTP server
9. ACCEPTANCE OF THE ELECTRONIC DATA
A two month acceptance period by the customer of the electronic documents is included. Any issue identified within the period which is due to IFY, will be corrected at no cost.
At the end of the project, an acceptance certificate is signed by the customer and all electronic data will be removed from IFY servers
10. DESTRUCTION OF PAPER DOCUMENTS
At the end of the project and after acceptance of the electronic data, all paper documents can be securely destroyed. IFY delivers destruction certificate.
Alternatively, IFY will provide long term storage.
With the RAW SCANS (See §4 Scanning) who are the exact copy of the paper documents and the HASH code (MD5) calculated on each image integrity of the data is secured. These RAW DATA must be kept in a safe place for future reference in case of legal investigation.
With the rawscans, a database is delivery for every folder with the calculated hash-code. This procudures allows to destroy the paper documents.
This project will be carried using our proprietary DOCFLOW® platform
- Electronic data processing (indexation, data capture, QC, …)
- Full Traceability from registry of paper folder till delivery of electronic data
- Online Reports & Statistics
- Online customer viewer